Anxiety and Depression Counseling
You can decrease your stress, anxiety, and depression.
Do you feel overwhelmed with anxiety, or have you been feeling depressed?
If you are having difficulty managing your stress, you may have days when you feel completely overwhelmed. Many life circumstances are incredibly stressful, such as quarter-life and midlife transitions, where much of your life roles, responsibilities, and relationships shift and change. Suddenly, life seems and is very different, and it takes a while to figure it all out and decide how to create a new normal. Managing anxiety can be exhausting. It is difficult to feel nervous, agitated, hyper-vigilant, and/or worried. Experiencing these states takes an awful lot of energy and often leaves people feeling tired and overspent. If you are interested in working together on alleviating your anxiety and worry, we would focus on several strategies that can help.
We can work together to help you cope with your stress and anxiety.
- Develop techniques that help you decrease and stop worry-filled thoughts
- Learn breathing and relaxation techniques to assist you in calming your nervous system
- Receive emotional support in a non-judging, fully accepting, safe relationship
- Gain control over your thoughts and behavioral responses and determine if they are helpful or harmful
- Identify triggers that heighten your anxiety
- Discover a peaceful connection with and within yourself
- Process any past painful experiences that may be fueling your anxiety
Coping with depression is often overwhelming and painful.
Depression can be shorter term, situational, or a lifelong mental health issue. It is always difficult to cope with depression, and receiving professional support and guidance can be extremely helpful. We can work together to help you:
- Have a place to talk about your feelings, as much or as little as you feel comfortable doing
- Work through any triggers or trauma connected to your present depression
- Develop skills to handle your emotional stress, anxiety, and depression
- Express your thoughts and feelings about what causes you upset, sadness, and pain
- Process any grief and loss you may be experiencing
- Decide if you would like to seek any additional medical and/or alternative treatments