Teen DBT Skills Group
Live life with greater ease & less pain while finding joy.
If you are a highly sensitive teen who:
- Experiences big emotions
- Has emotions that sometimes cause you to feel out of control because they go 0-100 in a flash
- Sometimes gets upset easily with strong emotional reactions
- Has a difficult time calming your emotions
- At times feels consumed with fear
- Longs to belong and feel a connection to others so you can feel more understood
- Has self-harming thoughts or behaviors
- Often makes impulsive decisions that you may sometimes regret
We want to help you:
- Develop the skills you need to reduce emotional suffering by learning skills to enhance control of emotions
- Grow in your ability to make informed decisions on behalf of yourself
- Learn concrete coping strategies to deal with the hard things you face so you no longer feel the need to self-harm or numb your pain with other unhelpful things
- Develop ways to feel less stress, conflict, and overwhelm by learning to focus attention on the present moment, letting go of the past and future worries.
- Increase self-awareness, problem solving skills, and effective communication skills to enhance your relationships with friends and family.
- Tolerate distress and know how to navigate emotionally triggering situations and other crises
Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is an evidence-based treatment that teaches emotional, behavioral and cognitive skills and is effective in helping teens who experience difficulty managing their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors.
Interested participants can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (630) 864-7267 and request an assessment appointment with our facilitator, Megan Quinn. Members are strongly encouraged to be involved in weekly individual therapy with a DBT-informed therapist.
When: Wednesdays from 7-8PM
Dates: Starting June 9th (ongoing)
Where: Virtual Platform
Payment: $45.00 per group or $150.00 per month
Insurance Accepted: Blue Cross PPO, Blue Choice
*Parents are invited to join the group monthly for a skill review session.
For more information: www.healthandhealingtherapy.