Chronic Pain, Illness, & Women's Health Counseling
Chronic Pain & Illness
Live life with greater ease & less pain while finding joy.
You no longer have to suffer and be alone in your pain.
If you’re struggling with chronic pain or a chronic illness, you’ve come to the right place. We can help.
- You have recently been diagnosed with a chronic health condition.
- You are struggling with getting through the day while living with a chronic medical condition or illness.
- You feel unsure and even lost about how to handle your limitations due to your condition, illness and/or chronic pain.
- You are feeling more and more alone, coping with your chronic disease or invisible illness that causes people to say, “You don’t look sick.”
- You suffer from depression and/or anxiety because you are unsure about what the future holds.
- Each day brings chronic pain that is severe, constant, and unrelenting.
We are committed to helping you feel better both physically and mentally so you can live your life as fully as possible even with a chronic health condition / chronic illness.
When you are experiencing physical health issues, your stress level increases, and often anxiety and depression can make functioning at your optimal level extremely difficult. Many women’s health conditions and other chronic illnesses cause physical pain, sleep disruption, and hormonal changes, all of which affect your mood and ability to handle your day-to-day responsibilities. However, illness and/or pain doesn’t have to or get to constrain your life, limit your experiences for joy, or take your hope, joy, or freedom away.
- Your pain and illness don’t define you…
- Your pain and illness are only a part of your vast life experience
- Your pain and illness don’t re-define the amazing and unique person you are
- You are still you, but your life may need to be different now. So, you need to create a new normal.
We can work together to make your illness and/or pain a smaller part of your life’s journey, so you feel more empowered and in control.
As Women’s Health Counselors, Chronic Illness Therapists, & Chronic Pain Management Therapists who have personal experience, We have a unique perspective and understanding of what it’s really like and how challenging things can be and become. We understand the mental, physical, and emotional challenges and difficulties that chronic pain and illness bring.
We will work with you so you can begin to feel stronger, less afraid, calmer, and more hopeful. You can begin to create a life worth living, even in the midst of chronic pain, a chronic illness, and/or other challenging health conditions.
As we work together, you will:
- Have a place to talk about all of it when and as you are ready, using words and details many friends and family may be uncomfortable hearing
- Receive emotional support in a non-judging, accepting, safe relationship
- Work through any trauma connected to your present issues
- Develop skills to handle your emotional stress, anxiety, depression, and physical pain
- Express your thoughts and feelings about everything that is happening to your body
- Process any grief and loss you may be experiencing
- Decide what medical and/or alternative treatments are best for you
Together, we will develop your path toward greater health and healing.
Together, despite your chronic pain, we will work toward helping you:
- Develop a pain reduction and pain management plan
- Nurture a deeper connection to yourself
- Gain some control over what is happening to your body
- Learn how to understand and accept your pain and/or illness
- Find resources to help treat and support you in your healing
- Discover a peaceful connection with and within your body
- Identify what you want to do, how to do it, and what you can do so you can live your life in a way that works for you
- Create a new normal while creating a joyful life
- Connect with your courage, wisdom, and determination
We encourage you to take the next step, try something new, and reach out for support. You deserve to live life again with greater ease, less pain, and rediscover what brings you joy. We look forward to supporting you in your quest for health and healing.